1) it doesn’t cost money to lose weight.
You don’t need expensive gym memberships or to only eat organic groceries. those things are wonderful and can make your weight loss journey easier but do not let not having them hold you back.
There are tons of free exercises for you to do at home. Always make the best food choices for YOUR situation. This means sometimes buying frozen vegetables. Always check the ads and stock up when possible. Visit your local farmers market they always have good deals And you are supporting local farmers!
2) its ok to mess up! This was the hardest thing for me to accept. At first I would hate myself to the point of disgust. I have learned my stumbles can prevent falls! Always start fresh at your next meal. One bad meal won’t cause you to fail just like one healthy meal won’t give you a beach body.
3) It does not matter how slowly you go but never give up. I am all about instant gratification . With weight loss it doesn’t work that way. There were times I thought I was wasting my time. I can’t tell you how often I wanted to throw in the towel. I can tell you I’m glad I didn’t. It showed me My inner strength.that I can keep pushing through.
4) it gets easy! The first few weeks of eating healthy and working out were hell. After that it got easier and I look forward to it!
5) just how lucky I am to be married to someone who has loved me through all of my sizes.
Paleo Egg Drop Soup
There are few things in life better than a warm bowl of soup on a cold winter day
6 cups of chicken bone broth
1 /2 tsp ginger
1 clove thinly sliced garlic
1 tsp coconut oil or butter
1 green onion chopped
saute garlic in coconut oil or butter in soup pot until lightly browned
pour broth, green onion and ginger into the pot and bring to a light boil.
while waiting for green onions to cook and broth to boil whisk eggs in a small bowl
slowly drizzle your eggs into boiling broth eggs should cook within a matter of about 30 seconds. some people may prefer a longer or shorter cook time.
6 cups chicken broth
meat from 1 cooked rottiserrie chicken seasoned with salt,pepper,thyme and sage
1 /2 bag frozen artichokes
8 oz spinach
1 clove garlic sliced
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 TBS lemon juice
1/2 cup butter
1/2 of a cubed tomato
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
sauté butter with garlic and shallot for 3 minutes or until shallot is cooked through .add frozen artichoke ,spinach sauté for another 2 minutes. add white wine and stir.add broth slowly to the pot and shredded chicken. simmer 10-15 minutes.add coconut milk after cooking top with tomato.
Basic kale chips recipe
1 bunch kale
2 TBS olive oil
Rinse and dry one bunch of kale using a salad spinner. chop kale into ” chip sized ” pieces. Place aluminum foil on a non stick cookie sheet add kale olive oil followed by sea salt . Bake 350 for 10 -12 mins flipping half way through.
Curry kale chips
Add 2 tsp curry powder before going into the oven
Spicy kale chips
1-3 tsp red pepper flakes when salting
Lemon kale chips
Before cooking add some freshly squeezed lemon juice to your kale.it will remind you of salt and vinegar flavored chips.
This is a simple fun way to present eggs to kids
You need 8 strips of bacon
An egg mold ( availble at asian stores)
1 large egg
Weave your bacon using one under one over method. Boil an egg 10 mins peel it place into egg mold then drop back into boiling water for 1 minute .
This is one of the fastest and easiest paleo/ primal recipes there are. Great for some vegetarians and college kids on a budget as well.
What you need:
7 large organic free range brown eggs
4 oz portobello mushrooms sliced thin
2 green onion
1 cup steamed spinach
Splash of unsweetened coconut milk
Coconut oil for your muffin tin
Salt and pepper
All you do with this recipe is mix your ingredients together like you are making scrambled eggs. Grease a muffin tin with coconut oil and pour your mixture into the tin. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes .
Now you have a fast, portable paleo breakfast.
The paleo recipes bible e cookbook is free on amazon right now 🙂